Bird of Paradise - Strelitzia nicolai
One of the most popular and sought after house plants, it's easy to see why Birds of Paradise are a house plant lovers dream.
Being able to grow to an absolutely whopping 20ft in the wild, grown indoors they will typically get to a still very respectable 8ft. With large dramatic leaves, each new leave will come out of the centre of the plant, giving you an exciting new process you can clearly see as your plant develops.
This tropical plant does require some looking after, but is completely worth it for the plant mad among you.
- Ideally wants a spot with lots of bright indirect light, with some direct morning or evening light
- Allow the top 2-3 inches of soil to dry between waterings
- Likes high humidity Mist regularly
- Fertilise once a month in spring and summer
- The splits in leaves are natural and older leaves will develop more over time
Pot D - 17cm
All our plants come in a plastic nursery pot as standard.
Decorative pots are sold separately and can be found here.